Dec 08 2010

Woodstock…

Published by at 10:05 pm under Uncategorized

Hey! Did anyone watch Taking Woodstock? It is a film by Ang Lee and he is one of my favourite directors!

What I know about Woodstock is all from this film.

I always think it is kind of weird that a Chinese who makes films which are about American culture…but anyway, I like Brokeback Mountain and his early works- Punshing Hands, The Wedding Banquet and Eat Drink Man Woman.

Anyone who is interested in Chinese film should watch them, I think.

3 responses so far

3 Responses to “Woodstock…”

1.   Mathias Kranacheron 08 Dec 2010 at 11:27 pm

My friend saw this film and she’s a huge woodstock fan: the music, the lifestyle, everything. And she said that it really wasnt a good movie (dont mean to spoil it if you havent seen it yet lol)
    But I kind of want to see it. I like Emile Hirsch whose in it and I really havent seen that many Ang Lee films to say if I like him or not. I’ve seen The Hulk (his version of it) and Brokeback Mountain but thats it. I dont know if he did others lol….

2.   Sinyee Cindy Leungon 09 Dec 2010 at 2:46 pm

I don’t know much about woodstock, so I really want to know why ur friend thinks that it isnt good.

The Hulk, I heard that many people didn’t like it.

3.   Natalia D.on 22 Dec 2010 at 1:02 pm

I really loved this film! I am a huge fan of the comedian Demetri Martin, and Ang Lee is a great director. I watched all the bonus features about how he plans a film and directs it. It was very interesting.

I think people who didn’t like the film were those who wanted it to be about Woodstock, not about Demetri Martin’s character. I won’t say any more to spoil it. I just really enjoyed it a lot. It was a very simple pretty little film, very delicately made, and all the details were very carefully planned.

Thanks for posting about it 🙂

Trackback URI | Comments RSS